A Formal Introductory Email Addressed to Mr. Brad Blackstone

Subject: Introducing Myself

Dear Brad,

My name is Ike, and I am writing to introduce myself to you as a student in your Effective Communication class.

Having graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I worked in the built environment sector for two years and eventually made the decision to further my studies in the Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (Building Services) programme offered by SIT.

My goal for studying in this programme is to build up my technical knowledge as well as improve on my communication skills. My short-term career aim is to be certified as a Professional Engineer, and my long-term one is to be involved in and ultimately oversee projects for iconic landmarks, both local and international.

In my spare time, I like to watch movies, try new foods and cycle around Singapore to explore new places. I also play the bass, and am currently the bassist for my church band.

I believe that utilizing soft skills in my daily interactions will enable me to become a better person, and I look forward to learning more about effective communication from you in the coming classes.

Best regards,

Ike Domenden
SIE2016 Group 1


Commented on parallel posts in the following blogs:
- Alcina's English Language Learning Journey
- Iskandar's English Language Journey
- Masyita's Formal Email

2 comments:

  1. This is a very fine introductory letter, Ike. You have included the correct salutation, detailed interesting information in the body, and an appropriate closing.

    It sounds as if you are here at SIT for all the right reasons. At the same time, it's reassuring to know that you are living a 'good life' outside your studies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share any thoughts and questions you may have on the post.